Saturday, October 4, 2008

Tuesdays with Morrie and Personal Training...

So, I finally got around to reading the book - Tuesdays with Morrie.

It was a very quick read (just an afternoon) and I highly suggest picking up a copy if you haven't read it already.

Without spoiling the intimate details of the book, I can tell you this; the author's main focus is on the lesson of living each day to the fullest.

It's true that we get caught up in the speed of life and sometimes take important things for granted. And, I wholeheartedly agree that each of us should take time each day to reflect on the people and the things that are important to us and that we are thankful for.

What I hadn't realized right away was that adopting this type of attitude is contagious.....in a good way, actually, in a GREAT way!

I look for inspiration every day, whether it is in watching friends and family accomplish tasks they never thought possible; strangers helping strangers in times of crisis as when Hurricane Ike struck Texas; or just in seeing the random acts of kindness that exist in all of us.

What's very important to realize is that you are most likely someone else's inspiration.

You may have inspired someone at work. You may have inspired your son or daughter. Maybe you even inspired a complete stranger.

The point is that you made a difference.

Being a fitness professional, I've heard numerous stories throughout the years from my clients of how they helped someone else to change their lives through exercise. Once they realize the power they have, it seems to become contagious for them as well.

I've seen entire families suffering from obesity and I've seen one person in that family make a committment to themselves to change. That change almost always spreads to the rest of the family and is so important for those of our younger generation to see.

If you're inspired and would like to make a change for yourself, our Personal Trainers are ready to help. Or, better yet, if you'd like to help create change for others and want to learn how to become a personal trainer, we are ready to show you the way. Learn more at My Personal Trainer School.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Committed to your fitness success,
Boh

David I. Bohmiller, BS, NSCA-CSCS
My Personal Trainer School

No comments: