Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weight Loss Program Success Part 1: Healthy Recipes

In the kitchen, I've never been much of a "chemist".

Throughout high school, college, and my young professional days, my healthy eating program didn't include healthy recipes unless they had been prepared by someone else.

That isn't to say that I didn't make healthy choices when it came to food. I've always seemed to find a good balance of the appropriate carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.

It is because of these healthy eating choices that I am able to enjoy a fast metabolism and am able to see the results of my aerobic exercise and weight training.

As a Personal Trainer, it can be disheartening to see many people, who do spend countless hours exercising, still have trouble when it comes to their nutritional habits.

Proper nutrition is a key element in path to overall fitness success. Without it, you may find yourself "yo-yoing" in diets that only work for a few weeks at a time.

With Halloween, Thanksgiving, and the Holidays approaching more quickly than we would like to admit, it will be important to learn more about healthy eating and the healthy recipes that will help keep the weight off for good.

To get a better idea of your starting point, try this 8-day email nutrition course, covering everything from how to prepare your mind, how to prepare your kitchen, and how the 90% rule will help you.

We'll be back soon with Part 2 of our Weight Loss Program Success installment.

In health,

Boh

David I. Bohmiller, BS, NSCA-CSCS
My Personal Trainer School

No comments: